The Four Horsemen
Image: Artist Unknown
1. Then I watched as the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say in a thunderous voice, "Come!" 2. So I looked and saw a white horse, and its rider had a bow. And he was given a crown, and he rode out conquering and to conquer. 3. And when the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the living creature say, "Come!" 4. Then another horse went forth. It was bright red, and its rider was granted permission to take peace from the earth and to make men slay one another. And he was given a great sword. 5. And when the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" Then I looked and saw a black horse, and its rider held in his hand a pair of scales. 6. And I heard what sounded like a voice from among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and the wine." 7. When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8. Then I looked and saw a pale horse. Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed close behind. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill by sword, by famine, by plague, and by the beasts of the earth.
A horse in Scripture represents strong, widespread movement. So first off, these four horsemen represent conditions that have, and will, take place the world over since Jesus died on the cross. Every people and nation will contend with these four conditions, and not one of the conditions will cease to move about the world and fulfill its duty, under its given authority, until Jesus returns.
1. White Horse: the Gospel Truth, that conquers sin and Satan.
2. Red Horse: War, espionage, and racial strife that sheds blood.
3. Black Horse: Corporatism that secretly rigs the economic system for its advantage and everyone else's demise.
4. Pale Horse: Physical death leading to spiritual hell.
Four truths of every person:
1. We need the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved.
2. We will see death and chaos from war and racial strife during our lifetime, and we may be numbered with those who die from it.
3. We will live in a rigged and unjust economic system; we will pay taxes that end up being used to further the corporations, world banks, stock markets, and the filthy rich.
4. We will die, and if the white horseman has been spurned by us, we will go to hell, and then the lake of fire.
Why is the Gospel Truth one of the horsemen?
1. Because it is love, and Scripture says that love is as strong as death; and it can stand up with the other three horsemen as a power and a force on the earth.
2. It is also warfare, and it conquers men and demons by way of our faith.
3. It moves throughout the entire earth, seeking to enter the lives of all people.
4. All people must contend with the Gospel Truth, as they contend with warfare, economics, and final death; and it will mean either their eternal salvation, or their eternal destruction; and so for most people, the white horse and rider will end-up being just as much a destroyer and tormentor to them as the other three horsemen.
Many believe the white horse and rider represent false religion, but God does not give a crown to false religions or false prophets.
Published by Pamela Ayn Austen
Entirely Jesus Editor and Writer Pamela Austen has been writing compiling and publishing Christian books for Entirely Jesus since 2010. She is a Protestant, born-again Christian, having given her life to Jesus in August of 1987, and she's been diligently studying Scripture every day since then. Pamela lives in Knoxville, Tennessee, and she is active daily in writing articles and building books that take the Gospel to the world, so that all who believe in Jesus may be saved.
SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Contact Pamela Ayn Austen
Search: Four Horsemen, Horsemen of Revelations, Revelations Horsemen, White Horse, Black Horse, Red Horse, Pale Horse, Dappled Horse